Consumers often find themselves helpless when they encounter a problem with their bank or credit institution. The reasons for the disputes are of various natures, many of you also share them with us on our forum, here are the main ones: ( Extracts from the questions asked to our moderator ).
1 ) This month, company X took two monthly payments from me instead of one, what should I do ?
- Most of the time it is a computer error, in principle a simple phone call to the customer service of the credit company is enough to restore the situation. In the vast majority of cases the account is credited with the amount unduly withdrawn in the following days.
2) In principle, my credit is finished but I always get the monthly payments from my account each month who to contact ?
- First of all, check that your credit is finished, for that you just have to consult the schedule in your credit agreement.
- Attention if you benefited from an extension of maturity during the repayment, that lengthens your credit all the more.
- If not at first, call customer service and ask them for explanations.
If you fail to succeed in the two cases mentioned below (1 and 2). You should then do the following :
- Send a registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt explaining your grievances and requesting the immediate reimbursement of amounts unduly collected.
- Enter the mediator : If you do not get an answer or you are not reimbursed, you can contact him. Each bank or credit company has a mediator, this is a legal obligation (article L315-1 of the Monetary and Financial Code). The latter will study your request and rule within two months. We advise you to contact the mediator by LRAR.
- You can ask the magistrate (prior attempt at conciliation), if mediation has failed.
WARNING ! It is very important to respect the order of remedies explained above. Because at each step it will be verified that you have carried out the previous steps. For example, if you directly contact the mediator, he will ask you to make a request beforehand to the customer service of the financial organization.
The contact details of the competent mediator must appear in your credit agreement (handling of disputes).